Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Little Yellow Peeps.

Hey Blog Readers!

So, welcome the the world premeire of my blog. This is something ive been meaning to get on for a while now, and after sitting in a coffee shop for 3 hours writing a boring history paper, i've finally gotten around to it. Basically, this is just a cutesy little thing about random things i see everyday, mainly things that make me smile to myself, or laugh, or just plain brightnen my day. Or sometimes, my diva side may come out, and I may get a little catty. Who knows. Either way, if youre looking for something to make you smile, or just restore your faith in mankind, or youre just bored, stop by!

As to the name of this blog, Life Sprinkles, I am an avid baker, and i have a thing for cupcakes. (ask all my frinds, I am obsessed with them. I have earrings, a poster, perfume, its ridiculous.) Anyway, I am also a firm believer in sprinkles, and that cupcakes arent complete without them. So, I feel as if life isnt complete without acts that I will write in this blog about. So therefore, Cute things in life = sprinkles. Life sprinkles. See, its funny right?

Moving on. Todays post. Little Yellow Peeps.
So as I'm sitting here eating cookie dough ice cream out of the carton, there is a package of peeps sitting next to me that my mother sent me from Easter. Granted, I havent opened them, because we all know that peeps dont actually taste very good. Never once have I ever heard of someone saying "Damn. I would kill for a peep right now." At best, they blow them up in the microwave. I dont blame them. Its fun. Anyway, even though peeps may be the nastiest, most pointless candy ever made, i have never had an easter basket without them. And they look happy. Right now, there are 10 little yellow birds staring up at me, and I know if they could talk, they would be singing some happy little tune, and flapping their non-existant wings. Basically, they are tradition, and make me happy.

Getting to the point. Tradition. So as i'm sitting in the coffee shop trying to work on a paper i've had 3 weeks to write, I notice this couple walk in. Its a typical first date, I can tell. Why? Obivious signs. The boy was in a striped button down shirt, jeans and brown shoes. I cant tell you how many times I've seen this outfit. If by some chance I have a male reader, dont worry. This is a good look. Stick with it, its hott. As to the girl, she was wearing a cute, yet tight top, jeans and heels. Dressed up enough to make the guy think 'damn', but casual enough to not let him see her as high maitenence.

Anyway, they are all smiles, and he pays for her drink, and she of course orders the smallest thing they have. We've all played this game ladies. (shes also got her hands behind her back, and keeps stinking her hands down the back of her pants. This, i didnt understand, and quite honestly had a hard time not laughing at) I've jumped the gun. rewind. It was a nice day out, so the door to the Coffee Shop was propped open. I missed their initial entrance anyway, but this is important. After the Barista finishes their drinks, the guy is clearly in a position where it would be much easier for him to exit first. However, he does not. He steps back, and gentlemanly gestures for the lady to exit before him, and while she does, quickly slips a dollar into the tip jar before joining his lady-friend outside.

Two things. 1. The tip thing was nice, and I loved that he didnt do it in front of her to make it seem like he was trying to impress her. 2. I LOVED that he let her go first. Even though the door was open, I have no doubt that this guy would have opened it for her. I know this seems really simple, but its just a very nice thing to do. It really makes a girl feel like a lady, you know? To me, its one of the few remaining forms of chivalry. Again, this is small, but it really made me smile.
Little Yellow Peeps.

1 comment:

Dame James said...

I love how this went from talking about Peeps (which I actually do enjoy, although I've never said I would kill for one) to the first date couple....and it made complete sense. The guy sounds like a gentleman, exactly like the guy you let get away last summer because he was boring or whatever.

Anyway, love the new blog! I think I can handle the "happiness" (because apparently I only like dark sided things) because it's fun. At least Jenny isn't writing this blog...then it would be unbearable.